“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
Dear Fellow Dems,
Our first meeting in 2019 was on Sunday, January 27th. We heard from the Executive Director of Progress Michigan, Lonnie Scott, who shared his presentation “Digital Innovations!”. Those who attended found the presentation extremely interesting and informative. We learned about “clusters”, targeted messaging and more. We are planning on having Lonnie and Progress Michigan back in a few months to give us a training for our candidates and campaigns in 2019 and 2020.
We heard from Karyl from the Jackson County Dem Party, she shared with us that the new Chair is Connor Wood. Also, that she will be the Jackson County Liaison for the 7th CD Dems. It sounds like there is a lot of energy and enthusiasm in Jackson and we are looking forward to working with them!
We heard from the Western Washtenaw Dems, they are doing great things too, Jennifer, the Chair signed up for another 2 years and they are well underway in expanding the Western Washtenaw Dems. Jennifer mentioned they have scheduled some social events to entice more people to attend and also to make being a democrat more fun. We will send the dates on the social gatherings once we receive them.
Moreno gave us a report on the One Michigan Campaign and talked to us about what we can look forward to in the coming months. It is clear, the MDP plans on taking the magnificent momentum from 2018 and magnifying it to include our 7th CD.
The 7th CD Party is looking forward to hearing from you on ways to make our party more vital and supportive to our county communities. Please plan on sharing suggestions at our 7th CD Meeting this Saturday in Detroit.
- We are planning to recruit 7th CD County Liaisons from all our counties and are very grateful that the Jackson Dems are leading the way!
- Also, more fun, such as “poker and politics”, “dem trivia night” and more will be scheduled for the months ahead, if you have a fun idea, please let us know.
- The Honorable Gretchen Driskell will be Vice-Chair of Programs for the 7th, please consider joining her committee.
- Fran will be working with the Fundraising Committee, and Linda Lauer has signed up to help, we need more energetic people to join us as we raise money to assist our candidates and campaigns.
- Communication will be essential and a priority, and to accomplish this, we need people with the time, experience and cooperative effort to build a Communications Team for our 7th. Please let us know if you are ready to share your expertise and work with us!
Working Together We Can Accomplish So Much!
- 2019 we must prepare and plan,and set our sights on winning our local elections
- 2020 we must prepare and plan to take back our State House seats.
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”